Agenda from MA500 Bath, 12 September 2019
Get a taste of what the MA500’s about with a range of topics below which were covered by ourselves and our expert speakers at our most recent event in Bath. Please note that the topics for each of our conferences are varied, so you don’t have to worry about hearing the same ones each time.
- Scene setter – The Bath Pub Company’s MD, Joe Cussens, will give an overview of the Bath pub and bar scene, what’s shaping it, how it’s changing and evolving and where the opportunities lie.
- Rugger, oh bugger – With the World Cup tournament taking place the other side of the world in Japan, pubs will have to think on their feet to tap into the opportunity the tournament poses, and grapple with those early starts. We talk to Dom Collingwood from Match Pint about the opportunities, and Steve Burnett from Popplesten Allen on what the licensing ramifications will be to help you make the most of the event.
- When the thrill is gone –Leading company law expert Catherine Gannon offers some key advice about how to handle the situation when a business partnership starts to break down. How do you work to remove a partner or director when the relationship has failed and keep the business on an even keel?
- Fighting fraud – There’s a close relationship between a hospitality venue’s leadership, the culture it instils and the incidence of fraud. Arun Chauhan, founder and director of Tenet Compliance & Litigation and regular contributor for BBC Watchdog helps to identify how businesses – particularly cash businesses – are at risk to fraud, helping you to prevent and reduce the risk of fraud.
- Table workshop – Fraud fighting: How have you experienced fraud and theft in your business? Tables to discuss their own experiences, how they tackled those situations and what lessons they’ve learnt.
- Raising your game on serve – Getting the delivery right is key when it comes to a premium drinks offer, John Rumble, OOH channel director at Merchants Heart, will be working with top cocktail mixologist Alex Godfrey from leading cocktail bar Milk Thistle to give you insight and advice on how to dazzle with your serve.
- Zero expectations – The rise of low and no alcohol products is one that Heineken is embracing with strong product innovation and new technology. Andy Wingate, Category Development Controller, and Otto Esser, Commercial Head of Blade Development, will share their insights into this growing category and what the results of the Blade technology delivering Alcohol Free lager on draught has shown.
- Taste test – With all the focus on low and no, we’ll be helping you put your money where your mouth is with a tasting session on some of the best low and no products on the market, led by Club Soda’s Laura Willoughby.
- The future of mobile – Zonal’s Sales Director Tim Chapman leads a session on the latest consumer trends and insights from Zonal’s GO Technology consumer research.
- Haven’t got a Cluedo – Competitive socialisation is the buzz word of the moment – from board games to shuffleboards, we take a look at operators, including London bus-based Cakes and Ladders and Rock ‘n’ Roll Bingo, that are embracing the trend, and how you can tap into a trend that provides that key consumer expectation – experience.
- Study Tour walkthrough