Please see a rough outline below of our agenda for MA500 Online on 11 February. Please note that this agenda is still subject to change:
• Update on the current situation from UK Hospitality’s Kate Nicholls — What’s been achieved, what are we now calling for and where do we see things heading?
• Insurance Issues — With the outcries over pandemic payouts and the recent High Court case, insurance has become a thorny topic. Hospitality insurance specialist Steven Swift of Sector Associates, outlines where the sector stands in the wake of the court case, how the relationships need to be rebuilt and what challenges lie ahead when it comes to covering your business.
• Marketing Matters – It’s vital operators maintain profile and contact with customers despite the lockdown. Marketing expert Mark McCulloch will be giving insight into how you can push your business in a lockdown, along with five great examples he’s seen.
• Takeaway Trade — Takeaway was the saviour during lockdown for many operators, and can we look to use that new opportunity during winter? We’ll be speaking to operators who’ve managed to maintain and build that service while reopening and trading on site.
• Growth Against the Odds — Despite the challenges of the pandemic and the economic recession its creating, operators are continuing to plan for growth, if not grow themselves. We’ll be talking to three leading operators about how they’re adapting to the market and looking to expand, with Inn Collection Groups Sean Donkin covering how he’s expanding his estate despite the lockdown, former Hawthorn boss Gerry Carroll on how he’s looking to launch a brand new pubco and Loungers Alex Reilly on his businesses plans, and how their choice of location was key ahead of the crisis.
• Funding Streams — A Financial Advisor/Accountant will be talking about the opportunities open to operators.
• Pub of the Future — We’ll be looking at new revenue streams, such as delivery, and how technology will impact these additional streams.
• Legal Loopholes — Experts will be talking about the impact of the pandemic legally and about some opportunities around it.