Agenda for MA500 Bath, 12 September 2019
Get a taste of what the MA500’s about with the range of topics below which will be covered by ourselves and our expert speakers at our upcoming event in Bath. Please note that the topics for each of our conferences are varied, so you don’t have to worry about hearing the same ones each time.
- When the thrill is gone – Leading company law expert Catherine Gannon offers some key advice about how to handle the situation when a business partnership starts to break down. How do you work to remove a partner or director when the relationship has failed and keep the business on an even keel?
- Rugger, oh bugger – With the World Cup tournament taking place the other side of the world in Japan, pubs will have to think on their feet to tap into the opportunity the tournament poses, and grapple with those early starts. We talk to Dom Collingwood from Match Pint about the opportunities, and Steve Burnett from Popplesten Allen on what the licensing ramifications will be to help you make the most of the event.
- Zero expectations – The rise of low and no alcohol products is one that Heineken is embracing with strong product innovation and new technology. Andy Wingate, Category Development Controller, and Otto Esser, Commercial Head of Blade Development, will share their insights into this growing category and what the results of the Blade technology delivering Alcohol Free lager on draught has shown.
- Taste test –With all the focus on low and no, we’ll be helping you put your money where your mouth is with a tasting session on some of the best low and no products on the market, led by Club Soda’s Laura Willougby.
- Haven’t got a Cluedo –Competitive socialisation is the buzz word of the moment – from board games to shuffleboards, we take a look at operators, including London bus-based Cakes and Ladders, that are embracing the trend, and how you can tap into a trend that provides that key consumer expectation – experience.
- Fighting fraud – There’s a close relationship between a hospitality venue’s leadership, the culture it instils and the incidence of fraud. Arun Chauhan, founder and director of Tenet Compliance & Litigation and regular contributor for BBC Watchdog helps to identify how businesses – particularly cash businesses – are at risk to fraud, helping you to prevent and reduce the risk of fraud.
- And of course, we’ll be rounding off the day with our Study Tour of some of Bath’s finest eateries and bars.